Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I've Never Heard Angels...But I Heard You"

This was a response from a sweet sweet lady in a Relief Society class in Salt Lake City. We went to sing Owen Clark's arrangement of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" for a friend of the family teaching the lesson a couple of months ago. It was such a great lesson and we felt so privileged to be a part of it.

Afterwards, a woman came up to us and, through tearful eyes said, "I've never heard Angels sing before, but I heard you today. This is my first time back to church after several years and I felt the spirit when you sang. You truly sounded like angels." As Ann embraced this woman, welcoming her back, you could feel the bonds of sisterhood reaching out in every way throughout the room. These are the experiences that help define the rewarding feeling we get when we share our talents with whomever will listen. Thank You.

2 comments:

Holly Suso said...

It's such a blessing to be able to truly bless someone else. You touched that woman's heart and that in turn makes you a little better. Cheers!

Christina Babcock said...

I just wanted to let you know that that cute lady has been active ever since all of you came for my lesson. When I told her Kim had passed she welled up with tears. You are all so wonderful and I am so blessed to have had Kim and all of you in my life.
Thanks again, Christina Babcock